No time to siesta, it's time to fiesta! Here are the latest party prep must-haves for making sure you and your guests have the best Cinco celebration.
1. Games and festive decor are really going to set the mood. Check out these fun & affordable finds from Party City--loving the inflatable cactus ring toss that also doubles as a drink cooler.
2. Next up, you can't go wrong with a signature cocktail. Of course, a classic marg is an all-time must, BUT if you're looking to mix it up this year, try a Paloma Poptail.
The recipe couldn't be easier: one shot of Espolon Tequila + 2/3 grapefruit juice + 1/3 citrus soda (big fan of Squirt for this drink). Stir and pour over ice. Use the same mixture and add to popsicle mold. Add pink Himalayan salt and tajin to the rim if you like. Place popsicle directly into the cocktail. Sip and enjoy!
3. Elevate Your Chips with Chicas Chips--restaurant-style, vegan, delicious and lightly seasoned. Founded in Los Angeles (home of the first ever tortilla chips), but available at grocery stores nationwide.
4. Doritos & Fritos Walking Taco
Such a crowd pleaser and a fun activity for kids to make their own walking taco too. Super simple--just add all taco ingredients to a snack pack size bag of chips of your choice. That's right, just toss everything in all at once (meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato, etc.) and stir! Kids love these because they get to shake and smash all the ingredients together (adults, join in too...it's oddly satisfying).
5. Impress guests with a Churro Cupcake Tower. My Go-To for the cupcakes: none other than Susie Cakes. Absolute perfection.
6. Final touch is a little DIY floral arrangement. Grab those empty cans from cooking your taco mix, beans, tomatoes, jalapeños, etc. Rinse them out and you now have cute little vases for colorful & bright flowers. Great for the tabletop or on the bar.
Have a Happy Cinco!